2016 was one heck of a year. When you’re living in the moment it can be difficult to appreciate just how potentially far-reaching some of the events you’re watching unfold could be.
On the good news front we saw Tim Peake return to earth after a historic six-month stay on the International Space Station. Leicester City did the unthinkable and won the Premier League. And then there was Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Go turned half of the UK into a zombie-like battalion of ‘catchers’ all desperately seeking their very own Bulbasaur (see above – bulb on back) in the local park or industrial estate. Even the Church tried to get in on the act with one Birmingham church proudly proclaiming: ‘Jesus Cares About Pokemon Gamers’.
2016 was also the year of Brexit and Trump, which may be brilliant or disastrous depending on your political bent, but we’re not going to get bogged down in all that – save to say it was a pretty eventful year.
But how did 2016 go down in the microcosm that is the Linguistica International HQ? These are the numbers that made our busy translation team tick this year…
- 533 projects delivered before the deadline;
- 141 newly qualified, tested and raring-to-go linguists added to our team;
- 21 informative, fact-packed, and dare we say, hilarious translation blogs published;
- 8,627 emails sent by the Linguistica team (that’s 23 a day including weekends and public holidays!);
- Over 2 million words translated for our wonderful clients;
- A 98 percent client retention rate;
- One new sister company established – Linguistica Recruitment;
- 3,285 cups of coffee consumed (approximately, we did a little maths);
- 4,691 followers on Twitter;
- 356 times we listened to Adele’s ‘Hello’ on the radio at our base in Southsea;
- 10 percent – the incredible limited introductory discount we are offering all new customers on translation projects in January 2017.
And there you have it, the important and not so important numbers that made it a year to remember for the Linguistica translation team. Thankfully, we’ve finally said ‘goodbye’ to Adele and are now on the lookout for a new go-to tune for the year ahead.
So, any song tips just give us a yell. Otherwise, if you’d like to take advantage of our 10 percent discount for new customers, please give us a call on 02392 987 765 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org right now.